Connect with us

News

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba Suspended for doping

Published

on

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has been provisionally suspended from playing because of an anti-doping offence.

Italy’s national anti-doping tribunal said Pogba returned a test with elevated levels of testosterone after Juve’s 3-0 win at Udinese on 20 August.

France international Pogba, 30, was an unused substitute but was selected at random for post-match drug testing.

Pogba has played a combined total of 51 minutes as a substitute this season in games with Bologna and Empoli.

Details later…

Author

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Mbappé’s mum drops Real Madrid transfer hint at PSG farewell

Published

on

Kylian Mbappé organised a party Monday to mark his farewell from Paris Saint-Germain, during which his mother and agent,

Kylian Mbappé organised a party Monday to mark his farewell from Paris Saint-Germain, during which his mother and agent, Fayza Lamari, hinted he will join Real Madrid this summer.

Around 250 guests attended the party at Gigi, a high-end Italian restaurant near Paris’ Champs Élysées. Upon leaving the venue, Lamari was asked where her son would play next season, and she replied: “You all know it already.”

Mbappé is widely expected to join Madrid having already confirmed he will leave PSG when his contract expires this summer.

Sources told ESPN he is expected to join Madrid after the Spanish giants face Dortmund in the Champions League final on June 1.

Mbappé is still keen to compete for France at the Paris Olympics, ESPN sources added, although Madrid remain firm in their belief their players must choose to play in either Euro 2024 or the Olympics.

His father, Wilfried, and his younger brother, Ethan, also attended Monday’s farewell party, as well as most of his PSG teammates, club staff, his friends and extended family.

PSG manager Luis Enrique did not attend. He dropped Mbappé for the last two league matches of the season, and there is a question mark over whether he will play in Saturday’s French Cup final against Lyon.

French President Emmanuel Macron and PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi were invited but also did not attend.

 

Author

Continue Reading

News

Liverpool offer too big to reject – Arne Slot

Published

on

Arne Slot says the opportunity to work at one of the "biggest clubs in the world" was "difficult to ignore" as he was confirmed as Liverpool

Arne Slot says the opportunity to work at one of the “biggest clubs in the world” was “difficult to ignore” as he was confirmed as Liverpool’s new head coach.

The Reds agreed a compensation deal worth £9.4m with Feyenoord in April after the 45-year-old was identified as the man to succeed Jurgen Klopp at Anfield.

Klopp, who had been in charge of Liverpool since October 2015, left the club following their season-finale win against Wolves on Sunday.

After the game, the 56-year-old German called on Liverpool fans to get behind their new boss, chanting “Arne Slot, na na na na na”.

Slot’s three-year contract at Liverpool will officially start on 1 June, subject to a work permit.

“It is certainly not an easy decision to close the door behind you at a club where you have experienced so many wonderful moments and worked successfully with so many wonderful people,” Slot told Feyenoord’s club website.

“But as a sportsman, an opportunity to become a head coach in the Premier League, at one of the biggest clubs in the world, is difficult to ignore.”

Following Liverpool’s announcement on Monday, Mohamed Salah appeared to suggest he would remain at Anfield next season.

“We know that trophies are what count and we will do everything possible to make that happen next season. Our fans deserve it and we will fight like hell,” the 31-year-old posted on X.

Liverpool rejected a £150m offer from Al-Ittihad for Salah last summer, but the Saudi Pro League’s director of football Michael Emenalo later said the door was not closed to the Egypt winger.

 

Author

Continue Reading

News

Burnley’s Kompany surprise candidate for Bayern job

Published

on

Burnley boss Vincent Kompany is a surprise name on Bayern Munich’s list of potential candidates to become their new coach.

Burnley boss Vincent Kompany is a surprise name on Bayern Munich’s list of potential candidates to become their new coach.

The Bundesliga giants have struggled to find a replacement for Thomas Tuchel, whose exit was confirmed last week after initially being announced in February.

Bayer Leverkusen boss Xabi Alonso, Germany manager Julian Nagelsmann and Austria coach Ralf Rangnick have all turned the job down.

Talks aimed at persuading Tuchel to stay on failed to reach a positive conclusion, leaving Bayern with a problem.

Kompany has built a decent reputation during his time at Anderlecht and Burnley, although the Clarets’ relegation – following lofty pre-season expectations – has not reflected well on the Belgian.

However, he has knowledge of the Bundesliga from his time as a player at Hamburg and speaks German.

If Bayern were to make a formal approach, it is sure to be attractive to Kompany, who signed a five-year contract extension at Burnley in 2023 but refused to answer questions about his future after Sunday’s season-ending defeat by Nottingham Forest.

Bayern endured a trophyless campaign under Tuchel, finishing third in the league behind unbeaten champions Leverkusen and second-placed Stuttgart.

 

Author

Continue Reading

Trending