Connect with us

European Leagues

Bayern prepare $162 million offer for Tottenham’s Harry Kane

Published

on

After reportedly having three bids turned down for the England striker, Sky Germany is reporting that Bayern are prepared to make a new offer of €110 million ($161.9 million CAD) — which for those of you that measure the transfer market in GBP is £94.6 million — and that offer would include add ons for Kane, and the Tottenham captain has told both sides he’s wants his future sorted before the Premier League season kicks off this weekend.

The Athletic reports that Kane is leaning towards staying in North London, much to the delight of Tottenham fans. But being one of the summer’s biggest dominoes, no move for Kane likely means no movement for several other star players, including Canadian phenom Jonathan David.

David admitted in January that the Premier League was where he saw himself next. Lille have slapped a €50 million price tag ($73 million CAD) on the Canadian, which could be too much for Juventus, even if they get what they want for Vlahović. You’d have to think Daniel Levy would be prepared to spend that much on a Kane replacement, especially if he lands nearly £100 million by selling Kane to Bayern.

Juventus have also pegged David as their own replacement priority in the event that Serbian striker, Dušan Vlahović, leaves The Old Lady before the transfer window slams shut. Chelsea could move for the Serbian with striker Christopher Nkunku now ruled out for “an extended period” following knee surgery. The Blues signed Nkunku for £51.6 million ($88.35 million CAD) for RB Leipzig this summer. The French forward was injured during Chelsea’s final preseason game against Borussia Dortmund last week at Soldier Field in Chicago.

To date Lille have not received a single bid from a European club, which is quite surprising since the Canadian scored 24 goals in Ligue 1 last season, a total bettered by only five guys across Europe’s top five leagues. Across three seasons in France, David has scored 52 goals in 112 Ligue 1 games.

On Monday, the Guardian’s Jacob Steinberg reported that David has turned down an offer of €12 million ($17.6 million CAD) net per year from Al Hilal.

Lille manager Paulo Fonseca told L’Équipe that he believes that David will remain with the club for another season.

Tottenham have done a bit of business this week, signing 22-year-old Dutch centre-back Micky van de Ven from Wolfsburg on Tuesday on a six-year contract.

Lille open a new season on Friday, August 11, with a trip to Nice, while Tottenham kick off a brand new Premier League campaign, with Alistair Johnston’s old manager Ange Postecoglou at the helm, away to Brentford on Sunday, August 13.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

European Leagues

Tella Helps Leverkusen Break Bayern’s Record After Win Against Mainz

Published

on

By

Nathan Tella was in action for Bayer Leverkusen who secured a hard fought 2-1 win against Mainz in the Bundesliga on Friday night.

Tella came on in the 83rd minute and helped Leverkusen hold on to their lead and claim the three points.

His Nigerian teammate Victor Boniface is still out with injury.

The win means Leverkusen stretched its lead to 11 points over champions Bayern Munich in the league table.

Also, Xabi Alonso’s men set a German record of 33 games unbeaten across all competitions.

Former Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka fired Leverkusen into a third-minute lead, after letting fly from outside the penalty area for his first goal on his 31st appearance for the club.

But Dominik Kohr replied for the visitors with a header at the other end four minutes later.

In the 68th minute Leverkusen went 2-1 up thanks to Robert Andrich’s harmless-looking shot which Mainz keeper failed to hold.

With 10 minutes left Mainz were reduced to 10 men when Jessic Ngankam was sent off after a VAR check for a dangerous tackle on Xhaka.

Bayern Munich could reduce the 11-point gap to eight if they beat Leipzig on Saturday.

Meanwhile, 11 rounds of fixtures would remain after this weekend.

Continue Reading

European Leagues

If I score, I won’t celebrate it – says Ramos ahead of Real Madrid clash

Published

on

By

Sergio Ramos will return to the Santiago Bernabeu for the first time since he left Real Madrid in 2021 to join PSG, when he lines up for Sevilla on Sunday.

The veteran defender won five La Liga titles and four Champions Leagues in his 16-year spell at Real, scoring 101 goals in 671 appearances.

Ramos, back at boyhood club Sevilla, says he will not celebrate if he scores.

“I wouldn’t celebrate but if I happen to score and it was enough for us to win I would be delighted, those three points would be very good for us,” Ramos told the La Liga website.

Ramos is aware of the difficulty of the match for Sevilla against the league leaders, Real Madrid, who approach the game after drawing in Vallecas and having a week without matches.

“Real Madrid is always the favorite to win everything. They’re in a good moment, leading the league, and have players of extraordinary magnitude and quality. We know very well the ground we’re going to step on, and we’ll try in one way or another to have a good game there,” he said.

he recalled how close they were in the first leg at the Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán. “We played Madrid head-to-head, we had chances to win. Kepa made a very good save from my header that would have given us the victory. When the team is compact, we’re all together, we play with good intensity, and we press high, we’re a guerrilla team.”

Ramos didn’t reveal his plans for next season, proud of the decision he made to return to Sevilla after his adventure at PSG.

Continue Reading

European Leagues

Pep Guardiola admits Kevin De Bruyne is not ’100 per cent’

Published

on

By

The Belgian international sat out City’s 1-0 win over Brentford on Tuesday as the 32-year-old had some niggles. Ahead of Saturday’s trip to Bournemouth, Guardiola revealed De Bruyne “did not feel comfortable” playing against the Bees, but he is very likely to be in the squad for the clash against the Cherries.

The Spaniard told reporters on Friday: “He’s [De Bruyne] good – not injured. He’s better. I don’t know if he is 100 per cent but we took a good decision to not take a risk, apart from the result, if the result was not good, people would ask why he didn’t play. He didn’t feel comfortable.

“We have training at 4pm [Friday]. The day after the game he didn’t train and yesterday everyone was off, but he trained by himself. Today [Friday] we will assess. I am sure he will travel.”

City are still in the hunt for a second-straight treble (Champions League, FA Cup, Premier League) despite appearing to be at a lower level to where they were at this point last season. For much of the campaign they have been without the influential midfielder due to injury but when he is fit he makes a huge difference. Therefore, managing his minutes is key.

After City take on Andoni Iraola’s Bournemouth this weekend, Guardiola’s side travel to Luton Town in round five of the FA Cup on Tuesday. They then host rivals Manchester United on March 3 in the Premier League.

 

Continue Reading

Trending