Connect with us

Transfers

Juventus continue to push for Lukaku

Published

on

Juventus are still keen to strike a deal with Chelsea for ex-Inter and Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku, but the player’s current employers are still only considering a permanent sale according to recent reports.

Tuttosport detail in Friday morning’s print edition that Chelsea are still insistent on a fee of around €40m for Lukaku and are unwilling to send him out on another loan deal.

Juventus and specifically director Cristiano Giuntoli are said to be confident that an alternative arrangement could still be reached with Chelsea, including a possible temporary deal with a significant loan fee.

According to multiple reports, Juventus will also need to move on Dusan Vlahovic this summer if they are to bring Lukaku in.

Tuttosport believes that the situation still favours Juve rather than Chelsea, as the West Londoners are desperate to get Lukaku off their books before the transfer window closes at the beginning of September.

The Bianconeri could capitalise on Chelsea’s desperation according to Friday’s report.

Lukaku did have the option to return to Inter on a permanent deal earlier in the transfer window, but relations collapsed after it was made clear that Lukaku had been entertaining offers from other clubs, infuriating the Nerazzurri.

Then, when it came to sealing the deal with Inter, Lukaku and his representative went silent and reportedly refused to answer numerous calls from the club, leading Inter to completely abandon their pursuit of the Belgian.

With Inter out of the picture, Juventus are the frontrunners in Serie A to land Lukaku’s signature, but there is still a fair amount left to negotiate with Chelsea.

The 30-year-old also has interest from Saudi Arabia, namely Al-Hilal, but Lukaku is said to be Allegri’s first choice and staying in Europe would also be preferable to the player himself.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Transfers

Transfer: Trabzonspor keen to extend Onuachu’s loan for another season

Published

on

By

Transfer: Trabzonspor keen to extend Onuachu’s loan for another season

Trabzonspor want to take Southampton forward Paul Onuachu on loan for another season.

Onuachu joined the Turkish Super Lig side on a season-long loan last summer.

The Nigeria international has registered nine goals and three assists in 17 league appearances for Trabzonspor.

The Black Sea Storm are keen to sign the striker permanently but cannot meet up with Southampton’s €15 million valuation.

According to a report in Transfermarkt, Trabzonspor president, Ertugrul Dogan is pushing hard to have Onuachu at the club at least for another season.

A return to Southampton is highly unlikely for the lanky hitman, who struggled to establish himself during his six-month stay at the club.

Continue Reading

Transfers

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

Published

on

By

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

Napoli have identified Lille striker, Jonathan David as the top target to replace departing Victor Osimhen.

Despite signing a contract extension with Napoli last December, Osimhen is set to leave the Italian side at the end of the season.

Paris Saint-Germain is leading the race to sign him as a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Kylian Mbappe.

Chelsea are also said to be interested in signing the Nigeria international as their marquee forward signing to take the club to the next level.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Jonathan David is the top preference for Napoli.

David has scored 23 goals and provided 7 assists in 39 games so far this season, mirroring his output from the 2022-2023 campaign.

Continue Reading

Transfers

Transfer: Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Barcelona, others battle for Ndidi

Published

on

By

Transfer: Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Barcelona, others battle for Ndidi

Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi could be playing for Tottenham Hotspur or Newcastle United next season.

The two Premier League sides have joined a host of other European clubs keeping close tabs on the Nigeria international.

The 27-year-old, who is helping Leicester City make a swift return to the Premier League, is currently in the last months of his contract at the King Power Stadium.

Ndidi could leave on a free transfer after the expiration of his contract with the Foxes.

Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Brighton & Hove, and Wolverhampton Wanderers are all monitoring the situation of Ndidi, according to HITC.

With Ndidi’s experience, Leicester City have worked themselves into a position to return to the top-flight of English football next season.

DAILY POST reported yesterday that La Liga giants, Barcelona are keen on bringing the Nigeria international in the summer.

Continue Reading

Trending