Connect with us

Transfers

Chelsea to trigger £111m Osimhen release clause

Published

on

Chelsea are reportedly prepared to trigger the €130m (£111m) release clause in Victor Osimhen’s Napoli contract in order to secure the striker’s signature during this summer’s transfer window.

The 25-year-old scored 26 Serie A goals last season to help fire Napoli to the title, but it has been a different story for the Blues this season, with the team currently down in ninth position in the table.

Osimhen signed a new contract at Napoli last December, but his terms were only extended until June 2026, and he is set to leave the Italian champions during the summer market.

At the end of last month, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis told reporters: “This was already known since this summer, our negotiations [over the new contract] were friendly, otherwise it would not have been so long.

“We knew he would go to Real Madrid, PSG or a top English club.”

Paris Saint-Germain are said to view Osimhen as a possible replacement for Kylian Mbappe, who has informed the club that he will be leaving on a free transfer this summer.

Real Madrid are set to finally complete a move for Mbappe, which will all but rule Carlo Ancelotti’s side out of the running for Osimhen.

According to Italian journalist Rudy Galetti, Chelsea are planning to ‘speed things up’ for Osimhen, with the Blues expecting firm competition from PSG in the light of the Mbappe news.

Galetti claims that Mauricio Pochettino’s side have already agreed to pay the full €130m (£111m) release clause, but the payment structure needs to be negotiated between the two clubs.

The Nigeria international was in strong form for Napoli during the 2022-23 campaign, scoring 31 goals and registering five assists in 39 appearances in all competitions.

However, he has only managed eight goals and three assists in 18 appearances this term and has recently been absent for Napoli due to his involvement in the Africa Cup of Nations.

Osimhen helped his country reach the final of the tournament, but Ivory Coast recorded a 2-1 victory to secure the trophy on home soil, with Sebastian Haller netting the winner late on.

Napoli played out a 1-1 draw with Genoa in Serie A on Saturday and are now preparing to welcome Barcelona for the first leg of their last-16 Champions League tie.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Transfers

Transfer: Trabzonspor keen to extend Onuachu’s loan for another season

Published

on

By

Transfer: Trabzonspor keen to extend Onuachu’s loan for another season

Trabzonspor want to take Southampton forward Paul Onuachu on loan for another season.

Onuachu joined the Turkish Super Lig side on a season-long loan last summer.

The Nigeria international has registered nine goals and three assists in 17 league appearances for Trabzonspor.

The Black Sea Storm are keen to sign the striker permanently but cannot meet up with Southampton’s €15 million valuation.

According to a report in Transfermarkt, Trabzonspor president, Ertugrul Dogan is pushing hard to have Onuachu at the club at least for another season.

A return to Southampton is highly unlikely for the lanky hitman, who struggled to establish himself during his six-month stay at the club.

Continue Reading

Transfers

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

Published

on

By

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

Napoli have identified Lille striker, Jonathan David as the top target to replace departing Victor Osimhen.

Despite signing a contract extension with Napoli last December, Osimhen is set to leave the Italian side at the end of the season.

Paris Saint-Germain is leading the race to sign him as a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Kylian Mbappe.

Chelsea are also said to be interested in signing the Nigeria international as their marquee forward signing to take the club to the next level.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Jonathan David is the top preference for Napoli.

David has scored 23 goals and provided 7 assists in 39 games so far this season, mirroring his output from the 2022-2023 campaign.

Continue Reading

Transfers

Transfer: Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Barcelona, others battle for Ndidi

Published

on

By

Transfer: Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Barcelona, others battle for Ndidi

Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi could be playing for Tottenham Hotspur or Newcastle United next season.

The two Premier League sides have joined a host of other European clubs keeping close tabs on the Nigeria international.

The 27-year-old, who is helping Leicester City make a swift return to the Premier League, is currently in the last months of his contract at the King Power Stadium.

Ndidi could leave on a free transfer after the expiration of his contract with the Foxes.

Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Brighton & Hove, and Wolverhampton Wanderers are all monitoring the situation of Ndidi, according to HITC.

With Ndidi’s experience, Leicester City have worked themselves into a position to return to the top-flight of English football next season.

DAILY POST reported yesterday that La Liga giants, Barcelona are keen on bringing the Nigeria international in the summer.

Continue Reading

Trending