Connect with us

Transfers

Jordi Alba to join Messi, Busquets at Inter Miami

Published

on

Jordi Alba has 93 caps for Spain, captaining the side that won the Nations League in June
Spain defender Jordi Alba will join former Barcelona team-mates Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets at Inter Miami, said club president Jorge Mas.

Mas said the 34-year-old full-back has signed a contract and should be available to face Atlanta on Tuesday.

Alba, who left Barcelona in the summer when his contract expired, spent more than 10 years with the Spanish giants, scoring 27 goals in 459 matches.

He helped them win six La Liga titles and the Champions League in 2015.

Argentina World Cup winner Messi, 36, and Alba’s fellow Spain international Busquets, 35, have already made the switch to the United States’ Major League Soccer.

Messi and Busquets, who have signed deals until 2025, were presented to a cheering crowd of around 20,000 Inter Miami fans at the club’s DRV PNK Stadium on Sunday, flanked by co-owner and ex-England captain David Beckham.

Seven-time Ballon d’Or winner Messi trained with his Miami team-mates for the first time on Tuesday and is expected to make his debut on Friday in a Leagues Cup game against Cruz Azul, of Mexico City.

Meanwhile, US reports have linked Inter Miami with another former Barcelona player – 36-year-old Uruguay striker Luis Suarez, who is currently playing for Brazil side Gremio.

The ex-Liverpool forward played alongside Messi, Busquets and Alba during six seasons at the Nou Camp between 2014 and 2020.

Mas said on Tuesday: “There’s been a lot of talk about Luis Suarez coming. We haven’t held direct talks with Gremio or with Suarez.

“I don’t know how Luis Suarez can leave Gremio. But if he does, we are free to talk to Luis and bring him to Inter Miami. That possibility would be there.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Transfers

Transfer: Trabzonspor keen to extend Onuachu’s loan for another season

Published

on

By

Transfer: Trabzonspor keen to extend Onuachu’s loan for another season

Trabzonspor want to take Southampton forward Paul Onuachu on loan for another season.

Onuachu joined the Turkish Super Lig side on a season-long loan last summer.

The Nigeria international has registered nine goals and three assists in 17 league appearances for Trabzonspor.

The Black Sea Storm are keen to sign the striker permanently but cannot meet up with Southampton’s €15 million valuation.

According to a report in Transfermarkt, Trabzonspor president, Ertugrul Dogan is pushing hard to have Onuachu at the club at least for another season.

A return to Southampton is highly unlikely for the lanky hitman, who struggled to establish himself during his six-month stay at the club.

Continue Reading

Transfers

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

Published

on

By

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

Napoli have identified Lille striker, Jonathan David as the top target to replace departing Victor Osimhen.

Despite signing a contract extension with Napoli last December, Osimhen is set to leave the Italian side at the end of the season.

Paris Saint-Germain is leading the race to sign him as a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Kylian Mbappe.

Chelsea are also said to be interested in signing the Nigeria international as their marquee forward signing to take the club to the next level.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Jonathan David is the top preference for Napoli.

David has scored 23 goals and provided 7 assists in 39 games so far this season, mirroring his output from the 2022-2023 campaign.

Continue Reading

Transfers

Transfer: Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Barcelona, others battle for Ndidi

Published

on

By

Transfer: Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Barcelona, others battle for Ndidi

Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi could be playing for Tottenham Hotspur or Newcastle United next season.

The two Premier League sides have joined a host of other European clubs keeping close tabs on the Nigeria international.

The 27-year-old, who is helping Leicester City make a swift return to the Premier League, is currently in the last months of his contract at the King Power Stadium.

Ndidi could leave on a free transfer after the expiration of his contract with the Foxes.

Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Brighton & Hove, and Wolverhampton Wanderers are all monitoring the situation of Ndidi, according to HITC.

With Ndidi’s experience, Leicester City have worked themselves into a position to return to the top-flight of English football next season.

DAILY POST reported yesterday that La Liga giants, Barcelona are keen on bringing the Nigeria international in the summer.

Continue Reading

Trending