Bayern Munich President Uli Hoeness confirmed there were some talks with Milan for Rafael Leao, but ‘they weren’t fruitful and it never became an advanced topic’ of discussion.
There were multiple reports over the last couple of months than the Bundesliga giants were going to push for Leao in the summer.
The 26-year-old has a release clause in his contract set at well over €110m, but several sides still attempted to negotiate a deal.
Bayern Munich liked Leao, but made no offer
However, while there were negotiations for Leao, Bayern Munich chief Hoeness insists they were only ever at an early stage.
“Max Everl told me that he had talks, but they weren’t fruitful and it was never an advanced topic of discussion,” the Bayern Munich legend told BR24Sport in Germany.
When asked if there would be an imminent offer to sign the Portugal international, he shook his head and assured “no, no.”
There had been reports the Germans were prepared to offer €75m cash plus either Leon Goretzka or Kingsley Coman.
Meanwhile, Rafael Leao is reportedly set to arrive at the Milan pre-season training camp on Sunday evening, ready to start work with new coach Max Allegri.
Football-italia.net
The Board of the Nigeria Judo Federation, NJF, has unanimously passed a vote of confidence…
Arsenal Open Door to £45m Myles Lewis-Skelly & Ethan Nwaneri Exits as Transfer Window Drama…
Mikel Arteta Targets Historic Premier League Repeat as Arsenal Enter New Era After Guardiola Exit…
Lens Beat PSG to Win Trophee des Champions as LFP Faces Fierce Criticism Over Controversial…
West Ham United manager Nuno Espirito Santo has called for more attacking reinforcements despite the…
The Nigeria Curling Federation (NCF) has appointed renowned sports communications expert and award-winning journalist, Phemmy…