Connect with us

Transfers

Liverpool Rule Out Move For Trent Alexander-Arnold Replacement, At Arne Slot’s Request

Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has seen his future become a hot topic over the last few months with the 26-year-old’s contract running out at the end of the season.

Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has seen his future become a hot topic over the last few months with the 26-year-old’s contract running out at the end of the season. The Reds are yet to agree a new contract with the right-back and Real Madrid are rumoured to be particularly interested in signing the Englishman.

It would be a huge blow for Liverpool to lose their local talisman and vice-captain but a replacement may have to be lined up if he were to leave, despite Conor Bradley’s performances proving he has the potential to take over from Alexander-Arnold.

Sky Sports Germany’s Florian Plettenberg has said that one potential replacement for Alexander-Arnold has been ruled out by Arne Slot.

Liverpool not interested in signing Jeremie Frimpong to replace Trent Alexander-Arnold

Plettenberg said via X: “Liverpool are impressed by Jeremie Frimpong’s development and performances at Bayer 04 Leverkusen.

“However, the 24-year-old right wing-back is currently not a concrete transfer target for the summer, primarily because Arne Slot prefers a traditional right-back in a back four, and Frimpong’s role does not currently fit into LFC’s system.”

Frimpong, who ranked at no.2 in FourFourTwo’s list of the best right-backs in the world right now, has excelled since joining Bayer Leverkusen from Celtic in 2021.

The Dutch wing-back started his youth career at Manchester City but rose to prominence after scoring 14 times in 47 games during Leverkusen’s historic invincible league title win last season.

Under ex-Liverpool player Xabi Alonso, Bayer Leverkusen play a 3-4-3 system that gives wing-backs Frimpong and Alex Grimaldo an attacking license.

However, under Arne Slot, Liverpool play with a back four, and whilst Trent Alexander-Arnold’s influence in the Liverpool side is clear, his creative numbers have declined since Slot joined.

As Plettenberg suggests Frimpong would therefore be less suited to Liverpool’s system, but the fullback has also been linked with Manchester United and Manchester City.

Ruben Amorim has introduced a back-three to Manchester United this season suggesting Old Trafford would be an appropriate destination for Frimpong, whilst a return to Manchester City could also be on the cards given the recent decline in Kyle Walker’s form.

Transfers

Liverpool Star Agrees Five-Year Deal With Real Madrid

Liverpool Star Agrees Five-Year Deal With Real Madrid

Liverpool boss Arne Slot will hope to see his side get their season back on track when they face Everton in the Merseyside derby at the start of April.

The Reds had been in contention to complete a remarkable quadruple at the turn of the year, but exits from the FA Cup and Champions League – as well as a Carabao Cup final defeat against Newcastle United – mean Slot’s side can now only win the Premier League title.

At present the Reds sit 12 points clear at the top of the table, although that lead could be reduced to nine points if Arsenal beat Fulham on April 1, one day before the Merseyside derby takes place at Anfield.

Much of the talk surrounding Liverpool this season has been in relation to the futures of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk, all of whom are set to be out of contract this summer.

Now, it appears that one of the three players has agreed a free transfer to Spain this summer.

According to Sky Sports’ Sacha Tavolieri, full-back Alexander-Arnold has agreed personal terms with Real Madrid ahead of a move to the Spanish capital this summer.

The 26-year-old is a product of Liverpool’s youth system and has been a regular for the Merseyside club for several years now.

His next appearance will be his 350th for the club across all competitions, but Tavolieri claims that the player’s proposed free transfer to Real is ‘settled’.

Tavolieri claims that the England international is expected to join the Spanish champions in July, having agreed a five-year deal with the club.

He also claims that the Englishman will be in line for a significant pay rise when he joins Real, with the full-back set to earn around £240,000-per-week from the start of next season.

 

Continue Reading

Transfers

Man United List Rashford, Nines Others To Quit Old Trafford For New Players

Man United List Rashford, Nines Others To Quit Old Trafford For New Players

Manchester United are reportedly preparing for a huge clear-out this summer with at least 10 departures on the cards.

It is no secret that the club’s new ownership and manager Ruben Amorim are looking to overhaul the squad after another desperately disappointing campaign.

The Manchester Evening News claim United are looking to permanently sell the trio of Marcus Rashford, Antony and Jadon Sancho.

All three players are currently on loan at other clubs after falling out of favour at Old Trafford.

And the money made from those sales will be put towards signing a new proven goalscorer.

Rashford has impressed since joining Villa on loan in January but it seems the damage is done in terms of his future at the club after a public falling out with Amorim.

Chelsea have an obligation to buy Sancho for £20-25m but it has been revealed they could pay United £5million in compensation in order to avoid doing so.

Antony has also has somewhat of a career revival since joining Real Betis but there looks to be no way back for him too.

Veteran midfielder Casemiro will also be put up for sale as United look to raise funds for new signings.

Fellow experienced players Jonny Evans and Tom Heaton are expected to announce their retirements at the end of the season while Christian Eriksen and Victor Lindelof are set to be released.

The Red Devils are also believed to be in the market for a new winger with a host of attacking talents set to depart.

The prospect of no European football also puts United in a position to trim their squad with both the Europa League and Champions League guaranteeing at least eight more games in a season.

The future of goalkeeper Altay Bayindir is also up in the air as the Turkish stopper could seek more football in order to improve his chances of playing at next year’s World Cup.

 

Continue Reading

Transfers

Chelsea Launch Transfer Bid For Bellingham

Chelsea Launch Transfer Bid For Bellingham

Chelsea have reportedly made an offer to sign Sunderland’s rising star Jobe Bellingham.

The Blues have made a habit of investing in young talent as part of their long-term strategy, and the midfielder has emerged as a prime target to bolster Enzo Maresca’s midfield options.

The 19-year-old midfielder, who is the younger brother of Real Madrid star Jude Bellingham, had previously shown a preference for a move abroad. However, Chelsea’s fresh offer appears to have altered the situation significantly.

“I left Arsenal because my wife told me she wanted to get out of London – then six months later she told me to go BACK!” – which Arsenal legend instantly regretted leaving?

Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham, and Crystal Palace have all been linked with Bellingham, but Chelsea’s bid could now put them firmly in the driving seat. Sunderland, meanwhile, are hoping to keep hold of their young star, particularly if they achieve promotion to the Premier League through the play-offs.

With Bellingham contracted until 2028, the Championship side holds a strong position in negotiations – while it’s not clear whether he’d be open to a switch to west London.

FootballTransfers previously reported that Sunderland have a gentleman’s agreement in place, allowing Bellingham to leave this summer if a suitable offer arrives, which is believed to be in the region of £20million.

Unlike his brother who is deployed as a No.10 at Los Blancos, the younger Bellingham operates more as a traditional box-to-box midfielder.

 

Continue Reading

Trending