Transfers

Juventus continue to push for Lukaku

Juventus are still keen to strike a deal with Chelsea for ex-Inter and Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku, but the player’s current employers are still only considering a permanent sale according to recent reports.

Tuttosport detail in Friday morning’s print edition that Chelsea are still insistent on a fee of around €40m for Lukaku and are unwilling to send him out on another loan deal.

Juventus and specifically director Cristiano Giuntoli are said to be confident that an alternative arrangement could still be reached with Chelsea, including a possible temporary deal with a significant loan fee.

According to multiple reports, Juventus will also need to move on Dusan Vlahovic this summer if they are to bring Lukaku in.

Tuttosport believes that the situation still favours Juve rather than Chelsea, as the West Londoners are desperate to get Lukaku off their books before the transfer window closes at the beginning of September.

The Bianconeri could capitalise on Chelsea’s desperation according to Friday’s report.

Lukaku did have the option to return to Inter on a permanent deal earlier in the transfer window, but relations collapsed after it was made clear that Lukaku had been entertaining offers from other clubs, infuriating the Nerazzurri.

Then, when it came to sealing the deal with Inter, Lukaku and his representative went silent and reportedly refused to answer numerous calls from the club, leading Inter to completely abandon their pursuit of the Belgian.

With Inter out of the picture, Juventus are the frontrunners in Serie A to land Lukaku’s signature, but there is still a fair amount left to negotiate with Chelsea.

The 30-year-old also has interest from Saudi Arabia, namely Al-Hilal, but Lukaku is said to be Allegri’s first choice and staying in Europe would also be preferable to the player himself.

Abdul Noah Ocholi

Recent Posts

Arsenal Transfer News: Lewis-Skelly & Nwaneri Could Leave for £45m

Arsenal Open Door to £45m Myles Lewis-Skelly & Ethan Nwaneri Exits as Transfer Window Drama…

8 hours ago

Mikel Arteta Targets Back-to-Back Premier League Titles as Guardiola Leaves Man City

Mikel Arteta Targets Historic Premier League Repeat as Arsenal Enter New Era After Guardiola Exit…

9 hours ago

Lens Beat PSG 1-0 to Win Trophee des Champions as LFP Faces Backlash

Lens Beat PSG to Win Trophee des Champions as LFP Faces Fierce Criticism Over Controversial…

2 days ago

West Ham Boss Nuno Demands More Attacking Signings Despite £22m Arne Engels Arrival

West Ham United manager Nuno Espirito Santo has called for more attacking reinforcements despite the…

2 days ago

Nigeria Curling Federation Appoints Phemmy Adetula as Communications Director

The Nigeria Curling Federation (NCF) has appointed renowned sports communications expert and award-winning journalist, Phemmy…

2 days ago

Man Utd Given ‘Best’ Victor Osimhen Advice as Patrice Evra Backs Marcus Rashford to Win Fans Back

Manchester United have been urged to make Victor Osimhen their priority in attack, with club…

5 days ago